The Mount Holyoke Fitness Center is the perfect place to stay in shape year round. Located in the Kendall Sports & Dance Complex, the state-of-the-art facility was officially unveiled in the fall of 2009. It features a large selection of cardiovascular training equipment, resistance training machines and free weights on the main level. Additionally, the mezzanine level of the center includes space for functional strength training, core training and spinning bikes. The facility offers fitness programming to its members.
Beginning on Monday, April 13, we will be offering weekday virtual workouts courtesy of Jessica Carey. Click here to find out more information including registration instructions.
- Kendall Building Schedule (Updated 3/19/20)
- Kendall Activities Schedule (Updated 3/19/20)
- Fitness Center Class Descriptions
- Fitness Center Orientation Schedule
Hours of Operation:
Click here to download the latest schedule. Hours are subject to change, especially during college breaks. Monthly calendars are also available at the information desk.
Fitness Center Hours
Monday-Thursday: 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Fitness Center Hours (Summer)
Monday, Friday: 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Directions and Parking:
The Kendall Sports & Dance Complex is located near the northeast corner of the Mount Holyoke campus. There is plenty of free, on-campus parking available to visitors of the facility. From Route 116, turn onto Dunlap Place. The Kendall Sports & Dance Complex parking lot is at the end of Dunlap Place. To avoid a ticket, be sure to park in lined parking spaces. Additional parking is available within walking distance of the venue.
Only Mount Holyoke students and employees, as well as patron card members, may utilize the Kendall Sports & Dance Complex. Visitors are required to swipe their one card at the Information Desk and the Fitness Center each time they enter. Members and guests who utilize the facility will be doing so at their own risk. Mount Holyoke College is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis. Consult with your physician before beginning any exercise routine. All users of the Kendall Complex must abide by all posted rules in all areas.
- Only one (1) guest per member allowed.
- Guests must be accompanied by member at all times.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted in the Kendall Complex.
- All personal music players must be equipped with headphones.
- Personal items, bags and other items are to be stored in lockers or cubby holes only and not on hallway floors.
- The Kendall Complex is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Report damaged equipment and injuries immediately to Information Desk worker.
- If, at any time a member does not comply with the rules and/or the assistant on duty, the member will be asked to leave, and/or his/her Fitness Center privileges will be revoked. The Information Desk worker and the Fitness Center monitor on duty has the right to enlist the help of Campus Security when necessary.
Additional Fitness Center Rules:
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Clean sneakers must be worn at all times. Absolutely no sandals, open toed or open-backed, or outside shoes are permitted.
- T-shirts must be worn. Tank tops are not allowed. No jeans or jean shorts allowed.
- Food and gum are not permitted. Only water is permitted, provided it is in a sealable, plastic container.
- Wipe down equipment after each use and return weights to racks.
- Weights or dumbbells may not be dropped on the floor or benches.
- During busy times or whenever someone is waiting for a machine, there is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment.
- Report damaged equipment and injuries immediately to Fitness Center Monitor.