The Orchards Golf Club is open as of May 7, 2020. Guidelines for the course due to COVID-19 are below.
Guidelines for Golfers AND COURSES
- Security personnel can be delineated by each club (ex. A pro and the head starter) and will be present to enforce social distancing. There can be no other employees working at the recreational component of the golf operation.
- All staff must wear face coverings while on property.
- Course facilities including but not limited to the clubhouse, golf shop, restaurant, bag room and locker room must remain closed.
- No caddies allowed.
- No golf carts allowed.
- Push carts may be used. Players must either carry their own bag or use a push cart.
- All golfers must maintain proper social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Groups of players are restricted to no more than 4 players at one time.
- Members-only clubs can allow guests as determined by the security personnel on the golf course.
- Private clubs that allow non-members to make reservations can do so at their discretion.
- Maintenance personnel are permitted to work on the golf course.
- Tee Time Policy must be 15 minutes between groups.
- Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time and must return to their car immediately following play.
- Online and remote payment options must be utilized.
- All golfers must use their own golf clubs. Sharing golf clubs or rental golf clubs is not allowed.
- Flagsticks must remain in the hole. Hole liners must be raised so picking a ball out of the hole doesn’t occur.
- Bunker rakes must be removed, and ball washers must be removed or covered.
- Practice putting green, driving range, and chipping areas must be closed.
- Facilities must have readily accessible hand sanitizer.
The Orchards Golf Club is Mount Holyoke's 18-hole championship golf course. A shrine to the game and to its creator, The Orchards remains a hidden gem for club members and their guests. It was crafted in 1922 from 160 acres of sloping wooded terrain by the legendary Donald Ross and is now famous across the northeast for its course design. The facility has hosted the 2004 U.S. Women's Open and the 2002 NCAA Women's Division III National Championships.
Access Fees for Golf at Orchards Golf Club:
Mount Holyoke Students, Faculty & Staff
Weekday (Tuesday – Thursday) = $45*
Weekend (Friday – Sunday) = $55*
College Guests (To include prospective families, employees, alumni, student families, etc.)
Weekday (Tuesday – Thursday) = $60*
Weekend (Friday – Sunday) = $75*
*Fee includes use of practice facilities and cart. Tee Times may be made up to 7 days in advance subject to availability. All players must abide by club rules, regulations and dress code policies. Limited Use to 2 times per month and at the discretion of the club.
MHC Reunion Tee Times
2020 Reunions have been postponed.
The Orchards staff looks forward to welcoming alumnae and their guests back to South Hadley during Reunion Weekends. MHC alumnae and their guests are able to schedule tee times for Reunions I and II beginning on May 1. Individuals must contact Keith Cunningham, Orchards Head Golf Professional, at 413-535-2582 ext. 12 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Orchards clubhouse will also be open for lunch and dinner both weekends.
Five College Membership
(alumni, faculty and students over the age of 23)
$405 a month for a family membership
$315 a month for an Individual.
Krystal Carvalho - Director of Membership - (413) 535-2582 ext. 10 or
Orchards Golf Club Memberships:
Student Memberships = $1,020/year
College Employee Memberships = $3,240/year Individual or $4,440/year Family
*Guaranteed no assessments
*Guaranteed no food minimums
*Memberships are subject to an initiation fee
Contact Krystal Carvalho for more information (413) 535-2582 ext. 10 or email@example.com
Directions and Parking:
The Orchards Golf Club is located within walking distance of the Kendall Sports & Dance Complex at 18 Silverwood Terrace in South Hadley.